12.03.2011

hope times two





It was our honor to serve our community along side our church today.  We served over one thousand people and gave away countless bags of groceries.  The provident hand of God was so evident today.  "It's not about me" was the theme of the day.  I hope I can carry this on in my daily life.  So many times I get wrapped up in my life...what I am going to wear to what event, who am I going to see there, I "need" some new jeans, I am sick of the winter coat I just bought last year,  I just "need" a few more sweaters, and the "needy" list goes on and on and on.  But I learned today that I don't "need" anything.  I have all I need.  There are people all around me with real needs like where their next meal will come from and if their kids will be warm enough this winter and will they will have a paycheck this month.  And suddenly my "needs" are very selfish and superficial and I am totally ashamed of myself.  God has richly blessed me and I take that for granted everyday.  Ahhh, when will I learn?

Lord, create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me.  Let the lessons of today remind me always that you are good, you are in control and you've got it.  Remind me daily of your provision and let me never forget how good you are to me.  Bless those who came through our doors today.  Provide for their needs.  They need you physically but most of all they need you spiritually.

3 comments:

  1. Very well said! I really love this...and love the pictures. Such a good good reminder for me, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so neat! i love that your church does that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You said it so well! Wonderful example and training for the boys!

    ReplyDelete