6.12.2012

friday night lights

Even though it is summer, football is just around the corner.  And with football, comes high school.  My firstborn is going to high school.  How can that be?  Wasn't I just in high school?  Didn't I just make the drill team and aren't I just today preparing for my first Friday night game on the big field?

Where has all this time gone?  Even though there is no answer to that question, the time has still come for that sweet baby who made me a mama, to go to high school.  Freshman year.  Be still my heart.

Football is his game.  He loves it.  It's bred into that boy.  Even though he wasn't born in Texas, Friday night football is in his blood.  And so even though the freshmen play on Monday nights, you'll be able to find us in the stands on Friday nights too.  Our freshman will be suited up with the varsity as he is one of the back up quarterbacks for the senior.  I will be forever indebted to that senior.  He's taken our boy under his wing, taught him what he can and treats him like a friend.  Not like an underclassman.  Like an equal.  And isn't that how we all wanted to be treated.  Thanks, Chandler.  We are big fans of yours.




Let's all pray that Chandler stays strong and healthy this season.  I really do not want my 102 pound quarterback anywhere near that field on Friday nights.  The sidelines are plenty to start out with this year.

Would you please pass the protein?

1 comment:

  1. Back-up quarterback?!!! That's SO COOL!!! Can't wait to see him down on the field! Love that boy!

    ReplyDelete