4.21.2013

Sixth grade coffee house

So the sixth graders served their parents coffee on Thursday and had a poetry slam. This was my first experience with such a thing and I'm pretty sure it will be my last. Not that I don't like coffee or poetry or anything like that. But when you add in sixth grade boys as the poets, that's when it all goes snowballing down hill.

There was one kid in the class who's work of art went something like this:

I went to the Loo and found a great poo...

I can't remember the rest and I won't name any names here. But I will say he looks an awful lot like my husband. And even though he promised his very sweet mother that he wouldn't read it aloud, the temptation was too much to bear and once she left, he took the stage. Proud moment. No doubt.

Look for his new book Potty Poetry coming to a Barnes and Noble near you.





1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha!!!! Potty Poetry--I LOVE it!!! Sorry, I know you can't stand the potty talk...but I am kind of like a 6th grader myself, I guess. I think Graham and his sense of humor is BRILLIANT! And not just because of the potty words--Graham is genuinely 100% funny. I sure do love that boy!

    ReplyDelete