2.10.2012

Marythekay



Happy birthday to one of the best friends I have ever had. I'll never forget how our friendship grew years ago out of a need to fill our time and not be home alone while the guys traveled.  You have been a solid rock for me, you've talked me down off of many a ledge, you've made me laugh until I cried and then laughed some more, you've loved my family as your own, you've spoken truth into my life and you've made me a better wife and mother.  I look to you for advice, encouragement, and humor.  I cannot imagine what my life would be life if I were walking this journey without you beside me.  Thank you for being exactly who God created you to be.  Thank you for being a friend.

Maybe I'll break out in to a MWS song shortly or better yet, the theme song from the Golden Girls.  I'll call you with that rendition later.

Proverbs 27:17  As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. 
(or woman for that matter.)

2 comments:

  1. (tears)
    sweetest post ever.
    three cheers for friendship.
    three cheers for mary kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gravy!!! I'm a POST!!!!! (Name that movie). Seriously, you've got me tearing up over here!! I remember so well when we very first started hanging out as couples, I wanted you to like me and be my friend SO badly. :-) You are the best EVER. Thank you for your very kind words. I love ya like a sister....I mean LYLAS. Love you, dearest friend!!! Here's to many more birthdays together!!!

    ReplyDelete