9.23.2011

i love a parade

 Happy birthday to the city of Red Oak, Texas.
 What's a parade without Jessie and Woody?
 There's the king and queen.  Riding in style.  Except they weren't throwing candy.  Shame.
 Not quite like the drill team of my day, but I'll take it.  I sure miss those days this time of year.
 What else can be said?
 I'd love to ride up there. I think his mama is about to fall out.  Aren't those trucks built for one?  It's not exactly what you'd take a date to homecoming in, is it?
 This one just makes me laugh.
 I guess Jazzerzise is still alive and well.  And on flat bed trucks, even.  Wow.
 Please hold your brother's face still so we can snap one picture.
Oh, the mardi gras necklaces.  Every mother's favorite thing to clean out of the van and toss into the trash.  Oh wait, did I say that?

2 comments:

  1. I love a parade, too! Why doesn't Branson have a homecoming parade? My hometown still does, and it is a huge local holiday! Such a fun school spirit event!!

    ReplyDelete